With Devvio Identity Management, individuals’ identities can be assuredly proven across any use case. Importantly, users are in full control of the use of their identity, and entities that rely on our identity representations can be assured, through a highly secure system, that third party verifiers have verified an identity to the reported level. In Devvio’s paradigm, it is the control of identity information, rather than the information itself, that becomes important, which is the future of identity across the globe. This new paradigm enables an end-to-end identity management solution within compliance and regulatory requirements, at low cost, that not only ensures security for identity operations but also enables new business models and use cases around identity management.
Identity and Access Management
Identity Management is a cornerstone of the corporate security architecture. It is an essential component for interactions with end users, and is often a legislative or industry compliance requirement.
Devvio’s Identity Management consists of three primary components.
1. First, a third-party verifier verifies some type of identity information. This can be an entity verifying a valid Real ID driver’s license with a picture that looks like the user, a company or government identity verifying a valid passport, a University verifying that a student received a degree, a government agency verifying an engineering license, a dating site verifying that a person is real and not a bot, or any other type of information associated with who an individual is, what they have done, and where they have been. Once a verifier has validated information to the level it deems appropriate (and to the level that others therefore then trust that information), the verifier sends an identity token to the person whose identity was verified.
2. A user can then use that identity token to verify any aspect of the information within it. For example, if the user has a verified Real ID identity token, that token can be used to assure a drug store that a person is over 21 for an alcohol purchase (without giving their actual age), airports can rely on the token for immediate electronic verification to board a plane, governments can rely on these identity tokens for voting (assuming they rely on the integrity of a given validator, which can be a separate government entity), or a token can be used for a credit application. The user sends token information to the entity that needs it. Users are assured that their identity tokens are not used without their permission given that all transactions are protected with private keys associated with their blockchain wallet.
3. The entity that then receives the identity token information can be absolutely and verifiably assured that:
The user directly sent the identity information.
The identity information was not altered.
The verification authority has validated the identity information to the level that is reported.
Devvio also provides direct services for validating identities. Devvio’s Identity Management product is then the foundation for providing Access Management (AM) capabilities. Devvio AM enables the process of identifying, tracking, controlling and managing authorized or specified users access to a location, system, application, or any IT instance or physical structure. It is a broad concept that encompasses all policies, processes, methodologies and tools to maintain access privileges within an IT and physical environment.
Devvio’s technology and patents enable unprecedented capabilities to securely and verifiably assure identity information, creating a new paradigm in identity management, but these capabilities can be extended to devices or assets. For example, through a combination of both hardware and software security validation one can assure hardware assets have not been counterfeited or tampered with at the chip level. Devvio’s technology ensures that hardware private keys cannot be copied in the manufacturing process and that they have not been duplicated or reverse engineered outside of the manufacturing process. This ensures that a chip’s identity cannot be compromised. This protection moves up the value chain providing the same assurances at the module, device, system and network level providing a communications security platform that includes not only data and information integrity but also the identity and integrity of the end points at the edge of the network.
Devvio – Patented Privacy
One of the most important aspects of applying blockchain to real-world Identity use is privacy. Blockchain is a powerful technology because it allows many different entities to work together on the same system using the same data formats and processes, without a central authority overseeing and approving transactions. However, there is a need to simultaneously address privacy so that any individual can maintain their private data while still taking advantage of the blockchain’s benefits. Devvio has patent pending approaches for maintaining an individual’s privacy when using Devvio’s Identity Management.
Devvio Best-in-Class Scaling
One of the top technical challenges facing blockchain deployment is the ability to scale and do so at an effective price point while maintaining security. Devvio has solved the sharding problem, enabling horizontal scaling, and therefore a solution for scaling large volume identity solutions.
Interoperability and Multiparty Collaboration
Devvio’s unique architecture enables a secure and interoperable identity infrastructure. Devvio’s solution provides a trustless framework that will allow multiparty collaboration in which many different entities can coordinate business efforts. Devvio’s technology platform allows any individual or agency to continue to retain ownership and control of their identity information, while making the platform available for sharing identity across any use case. With this approach shared data remains current and accurate, identity components can be cross correlated, and identity can be assured in accordance with laws in a manner that protects individuals’ privacy, civil rights, and civil liberties.
Devvio’s Identity Management is flexible in implementing verifiable identities within regulatory contexts. Our unique IP provides for accurate identifying information and significantly reduced levels of fraudulent or duplicate identities. We provide a trustless framework that allows the coordination of many different identification systems. Devvio’s Identity solution also works within important regulatory contexts including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU GDPR), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS), and numerous breach notification laws. Various organizations such as the Center for Internet Security (CIS) and U.S. Department of Defense also have recommendations for security configuration best practices in which Devvio’s technology enables compliance. The importance of flexible security controls cannot be overstated as new regulations are being released and existing regulations are constantly evolving around an individual’s most valuable asset – their identity.
- Self-Sovereign, but verifiable, identity. Users are in control of how their identity is used.
- Users control when, where, and how their identity is used.
- Utilizes a highly secure system with cryptographic signatures.
- User can have selective exposure – only provide information that is needed for a specific purpose (e.g. don’t provide an address when only age verification is needed).
- No central authority overseeing or owning identity information, so users can trust that their data will not be used inappropriately.
- Throughput can support millions of transactions per second.
- Devvio provides a cost- effective solution even at scale.
- Assured identity representations through third party verification.
- Third parties can implement processes to verify identity (e.g. verify a user looks like a picture id in person), and that verification can then be held on the blockchain and can be cryptographically assured whenever an identity needs to be verified.
- Robust Identity definitions can implement any type of identity representation definition. - Who a person/entity/device is; What a person has done; Where a person has been; etc.
- Powerful algorithms are used to validate an identity and its claims. Independence from particular platforms or architectures. Identities to have a long shelf life, theoretically forever.
- A highly interoperability solution that can therefore be made widely available across many organizations and use cases.
- Data is only shared with the assured consent of the user. Users’ rights and privacy are protected.
- Data can be transported across organizations or jurisdictions. Users have the right to delete their identity information.
- Enables new business models and use cases for identity management.
- Devvio’s Identity solution has EU GDPR compliant mechanisms.